viernes, 3 de enero de 2014

THE SACRIFICE'S CONCEPT

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I don't write in English for a long time, so I want to begin this year writing my first post in this language.

Today I want to show you my new project. It's a multimedia store for a movie buff, so we've based on him favourite movie, LOOPER .

Our first work about it was making a mockup which would express the feeling that we felt when we saw the film. My idea was the human sacrifice, and that's why I did this model.



Our teacher asked us a photograph that will highlight the expression of the model, so I thought the backlight mixed with a photographic tunnel effect, which I took with my Canon Eos 600D. 
From my teacher's point of view, the result was similar to a church designed by Tadao Ando, although... I wish I was like him.



And... here is the problem: we had to use our idea as concept for the multimedia store.
The film passed down us negative ideas, or referred to a loop, which was the film itself. Because of it, all mockups symbolized negative feelings, what we must transform into positive feelings suitable for a business.

For my part, I used the human sacrifice concept in order to move into device multimedia's sacrifice. Nowadays we're changing many products without running down its useful life, we're changing and buying new products, better, more modern, with more advanced characteristic... This extreme consumism brings terrible consequences for the environment, and it will be incompatible whit the life.

Following up on this idea in my project, it will be necessary surrender an old objet in order to be able to acquire another new one. In that way, we'll convert the sacrifice's negative concept into another positive one: the recycling. Something as needed nowadays, and also it enhances a special ecological value to our multimedia store.

For the design, I drew in the lines and cubes which composed my mockup, both the light which is reflected and the rectangles what are generated.

Under these premises, I began to do the store's design, which it is based in two counter, one for the sacrifice (recycling now), and another for sales.

First to all, we'll have the sacrifice one, which also it will be framed in the façade by a enormous picture window. In such a way everybody could notice that we are citizens committed to protecting the environment and or planet. So, not only we give reasons for recycling, but also we make an environment which orchestrate all this process, because we are humans, layabout, and we need a little push to behave properly.

To our right, we'll find an open thinking in all directions space, where I've created the space for the sales, for the birth, where we'll pass once done the sacrifice, once we've sacrificed a device, and we'll get an economical reward. This space flourished with a wall back-lit where we'll put the most leading-edges devices.

In the second floor, which takes up only the half of the all floor, it has situated the warehouse, and surely a employers's area.

The façade was designed following that idea from the mockup, compartmentalized extension, backlighted, generating an infinite series or reflections inside the store, which could cause surprise.

Although the cross hasn't been represented in the project, you can notice it physically

In the meantime, this is the preliminary design presented, which contained a 3D representation, a location and position plan and two floors.










The advise for this project is most simple, everything is possible. Every concept or idea could be good or bad depending on the viewpoint. So patience and just create it.

And finally something that is obvious but we tend to forget it. The presentation and the drawing should be always impressive. Doesn't matter at which point the project is, the presentation should  be always perfect.

I know I have plenty of work ahead of me... I'll show you the ending soon.

Bye bye for now.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario